There’s a lot of history to Willis and to the building that is Bone Heads Bar-B-Que. Formally the Pickle Barrel, Bone Heads sits right near the original location of the Wabash Railroad built in 1887. The actual building predates the establishment of the village of Willis. It’s believed that the building was built around 1865. According to the Bone Heads website, the structure has served as a coach stop, grainery, butcher shop, ice house, post office, and general store. It was restored in the mid-1980’s. Trains still roll through Willis daily, and Bone Heads is known to shake a little when one comes rumbling down the tracks.
What’s really interesting is that Bone Heads is haunted. According to their website, their resident ghost or ghosts are known to cause some major havoc inside the restaurant during and after hours. In fact, there have been several professional paranormal investigation groups brought into Bone Heads for studies. The hanging lamps in the bar are known to swing back and forth, lights turn back on after the restaurant has closed, and other strange happenings make this a truly spiritual destination.
Michiganburgerboys.com cannot accept responsibility or liability (express or implied, contractual, tortious or otherwise) for the content of the submitted comments. The views and opinions expressed by any contributor to this page are not necessarily those of michiganburgerboys.com.